AUGUST 5, 2020
We will have the highest standard of safety measures in place to ensure our Students can train in a fun, safe and COVID-19 FREE environment with confidence. PMAA will continue to monitor and adhere to the latest recommendations and weekly updates from AHS, Coaching Association of Canada/Sport Canada/Taekwondo Canada’s “Return to Play” policies and much more.
Things to Know:
- PMAA has invested in several AHS recommended/Hospital grade sanitizing solutions with multiple spray bottles located throughout our facility, plus multiple hand sanitizing stations, gloves and masks if needed.
- PMAA will be investing in dozens of NEW Colored Kicking Targets for student use (Ex. Partner A holds RED Target / Partner B holds BLUE target – Never sharing or touching same piece of equipment, then sanitized between EACH class and at end of night).
- We will be selling all used paddles for a BLOWOUT RATE… please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to purchase – 1 for $15 and 2 for $25 (as is) / Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/Black. Will fully sanitize while wearing mask and gloves, place in a bag with you name on it. Willing to deliver for additional $5 or arrange a time for curbside pick up or wait for classes to resume.
- PMAA’s schedule will have a 10-15 minute break between each class for equipment sanitization and student change over.
- Parents and siblings will NOT be permitted into PMAA to sit, wait or view classes. Viewing room will be CLOSED during our relaunch (until further notice), hopefully only for the first while. It will be a Drop Off / Pick Up scenario at the beginning. There will be someone to greet your children at the entrance to have them wash their hands and direct them into class. Same at end of each class.
- Any Membership/Administration business or Pro Shop purchases will be via e-mail correspondence (scans), and E-mail transfers or provide credit card info that we will process for you, This is to eliminate ANY contact or need to come in to use debit machine. Cash will be accepted by you placing it in an envelope and giving it to your child to bring in to me, and I will send out any change if needed with a receipt and copies of signed documents.
- There will be NO CONTACT SPARRING and as such, students will be asked to bring only a SMALL Duffle Bag vs. bulky gym bags with these items only (until further notice). On that note… I am sure there will be NO TKD COMPETITIONS for the remainder of 2020! We will still teach and train in Sparring Strategies, Technique/Tactics and Philosophy/Game Management in more of a traditional Non-contact / Fun free-form sparring to ensure NO CONTACT or CLOSE proximity. Please bring to each class: Uniform, Belt, Water Bottle, Fist-Forearm Guards or Adidas WT Fighter Gloves or Boxing Gloves (Students are highly encouraged to purchase his/her OWN gloves for training progress and safety)
For now, I wish for everyone to continue to be diligent in minimizing your outings, maintain your Social Distancing, wear a mask to keep you and others safe while out in public places and follow all AHS recommendations. Please know that our World will improve, our day-to-day habits will be restored (normality) and it is vital for our health AND our Children’s mental health and overall well-being that we ALL (Children & Parents alike) get back to a regular/ongoing Fitness routine, particularly our Taekwondo & Fitness practice at PMAA for our Mind-Body-Spirit and VITALITY! This can not nor should not be compromised. I intend on having our one-stop Fitness & Martial Arts shop back in business and back in ACTION and stronger than ever for you and your families to have fun, stay healthy, be fit and have positive character and skills for life!
As always, thanks for your time, understanding, loyalty and support.
Derek Sadler, ChPC, PFT
7th Dan Master Instructor, PMAA
Chartered Professional Coach, CAC
Master Coach Developer, Taekwondo Canada
NEW – Website page… Training Resources
- Tons of information with printable PDFs
- Training videos for each belt level Curriculum & Promotion Requirements
VIRTUAL ZOOM PROMOTION TESTS w/MASTER SADLER
- Practice, review, study and know your Promotion Test Requirements & Expectations
- When ready to test, contact Master Sadler to request a Virtual Promotion Test Application Form
- Log your hours of home training and be prepared to submit to Master Sadler along with your Promotion Test Application Form when ready to test
- Send Promotion Test Application Form filled out and signed to Master Sadler at email@example.com
- Send Promotion Test Fee as an E-Transfer to Master Sadler at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a password
- Upon receipt, Master Sadler will personally phone to confirm Student’s readiness to test and confirm a suitable date and time to proceed for a FUN-filled Family inter-active Zoom Testing
- Master Sadler will set a Zoom Appointment to facilitate the Live/On-line Virtual Promotion Testing
- Student should be warmed up/stretched and prepared to start upon Zoom Meeting Log-in
- At conclusion of testing, we will have a Debrief to ask questions, share positive feedback and areas for improvement as well as next steps in your Taekwondo Journey
- Upon successful completion and Debrief, Master Sadler will send via mail, your new Belt, Certificate and next Belt Level Curriculum Sheet along with the next Belt Level Video Link.
- Promotion Test Fee includes Virtual Zoom/Private/Live Promotion Test with Master Sadler, all relevant Student training resources/curriculum, promotion certificate, belt, shipping and handling fees for Canada Post. Expect 4-7 days for delivery.
VIRTUAL PRIVATE TRAINING SESSION w/MASTER SADLER
- In light of the Covid-19 Pandemic, Master Sadler has reduced his Private Training Rates. $45 for a 50 minute PT Session, via Zoom.
- Please contact Master Sadler at (780) 983-5424 or email@example.com to book an appointment.
- Payments will be made by E-Transfer ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to any session being initiated. Must provide password.